- Early Business in Essex County, Virginia (County Formation to 1850). Submitted to Magazine of Virginia Genealogy.
- Lists of Free Negroes in Essex County, Virginia in 1813. Submitted to Magazine of Virginia Genealogy.
- Index to West Virginia Estates Before 1866, Volume 1. Covers
counties of: Barbour, Berkeley, Doddridge, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy
Harrison, Jefferson, Lewis, Marion, Mineral, Monongalia, Morgan,
Pendleton, Pocohontas, Preson, Randolph, Taylor, Tucker, Tyler, Upshur,
and Wetzel. See Virginia Genealogical Society or ordering.
- Index to West Virginia Estates Before 1866, Volume 2.
Concentrates on items found in bound will books that were created by
individual courts across the state. When coverage is limited, some
alternate court records are indexed. Covers counties of Boone, Braxton,
Brooke, Cabell, Calhoun, Clay, Fayette, Gilmer, Greenbrier, Hancock,
Jackson, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Marshall, Mason, McDowell, Mercer,
Mingo, Monroe, Nicholas, Ohio, Pleasants, Putnam, Raleigh, Ritchie,
Roane, Summers, Wayne, Webster, Wirt, Wood and Wyoming. See Virginia
Genealogical Society or ordering.
- "The Poor of Essex County, Virginia," with Suzanne P. Derieux,
in Essex County Museum and Historical Society Bulletin, April 2011.
- Index to Virginia Estates, 1800-1865, Volumes 1-10 (Richmond,
Va.: Virginia Genealogical Society,
- "Your Life on the Front Lawn," Virginia Genealogical Society
Newsletter, April 2004.
- Death Notices From Richmond, Virginia Newspapers, 1841-1853
(Richmond, Va.: Virginia Genealogical
- Marriage and Death Notices from The Alexandria Herald,
1811-1825. Completed 2002, sent to Fred Dorman for publication in The
- "Along the Potomac River: Extracts from the Maryland Gazette,
1728-1799," by Edith M. Sprouse. Manuscript indexing and preparation by
Pippenger. Order from Heritage
- Marriage (and Death) Notices from the Alexandria Gazette,
1784-1830. Submitted May 2001 for serial publication in the Magazine
of Virginia Genealogy.
- "Playing With Dead People," National Genealogical Society
Newsletter, March/April 2000.
- "Oak Hill Cemetery: The Final Heartbeat of a Seaport Town," in News
from Oak Hill, 1849 - 150th Anniversary - 1999.
- Data submitted in September 1999 to the Library of Virginia
for the Virginia Genealogical Society's Death Record Indexing Project,
for records of Alexandria (Arlington) County and Alexandria City.
- Bible Records of the Bernard Family, submitted to the Magazine
of Virginia Genealogy (Richmond, Va.: Virginia Genealogical
Society), Vol. 37 No. 3
- "The Bible Record of John McKnight, Alexandria, Virginia"
submitted March 1999, to Northern Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 4
No. 3 (Summer 1999)
- Marriage Notices From Richmond, Virginia Newspapers, 1841-1853
(Richmond, Va.: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1997). Compiled on
behalf of the Virginia Genealogical
- "Alexandria, Virginia Life in 1850: The Diary of Ella Hooe Fowle
(1832-1855)," see the Magazine of Virginia Genealogy.
- "Alexandria County, Virginia Apprenticeship Indentures,
1808-1817." The Virginia Genealogist (Falmouth, Va.: John
Frederick Dorman), Vol. 30 No. 2 (April-June 1995) to Vol. 40 No. 1
- "John Mercer and His Land Book." Magazine of Virginia
Genealogy (Richmond, Va.: Virginia Genealogical Society), Vol. 34
No. 2 (Spring 1996) forward.
- "Ministers and Clergy Around Alexandria, Virginia (Before the
20th Century)." Northern Virginia Genealogy (Lovettsville,
Va.: Craig Roberts Scott), Vol. 1 No. 1 (January 1996) to Vol 1 No. 3
- "Perils of a Respectable Family." The Fireside Sentinel
(Alexandria, Va.: Lloyd House), Vol. V No. 5 (May 1991), pp. 57-61.